Trippy Vegetable Tart
A recipe by Monica Lo of Sous Weed
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp basil pesto
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Pot d’Huile olive oil
- ¼ cup parmesan, shredded
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 large yellow squash
- 3 large carrots, peeled
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and halved horizontally.
- ½ Tbsp chopped rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Defrost frozen crust in the refrigerator for 30 minutes while you prepare the vegetables.
- In a food processor, blend sun-dried tomatoes, basil pesto, garlic cloves, extra virgin olive oil, Pot d’Huile Olive Oil, and parmesan cheese until uniform. Set aside.
- Trim edges off all vegetables and slice into long thin strips using a mandolin or vegetable peeler. Place into a large mixing bowl filled with warm water and a Tbsp of salt.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spread the sun-dried tomato mixture along the bottom of pie crust.
- On a clean cutting board, take a strip of zucchini and roll it up tight. Stand it up and begin to roll other vegetable strips around it, alternating colors. Continue to wrap the vegetable strips until the spiral gets large enough to pick up and slide onto the pie crust. Arrange more vegetable strips until the entire tart is full.
- Brush the top of the vegetable tart and crust with olive oil and sprinkle with chopped rosemary. Bake for about 50 minutes, until vegetables are cooked through and crust edges are golden brown.
- Cool in for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.