Herb Somm’s Lemon Raspberry CBD Bars
This recipe contains nonpsychoactive cannabidiol (CBD) oil. If you wish to have a more elevated experience and have access to an infused olive oil containing THC, skip the CBD oil. Instead, use 2 tablespoons of the THC oil in step eight, and then follow the directions as noted. Be aware that a specific cannabis variety’s THC and CBD levels can vary, so be sure to know your product well before using and be mindful of your metabolism.
Bliss Bar Crust
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon organic lemon zest, grated
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Dash of sea salt
Raspberry Bliss Sauce
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed organic lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups organic raspberries (save 1/4 cup to garnish bars at the end)
CBD Custard Filling
- 7 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cannabidiol (CBD) oil
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons organic lemon zest, grated
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fresh-squeezed organic lemon juice
- Powdered sugar to sprinkle on top after baking
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Lightly coat an 11×7-inch baking pan using nonstick cooking spray. Make sure to apply a thin coat and spread evenly.
- Beginning with the Bliss Bar Crust ingredients, use a whisk to blend the softened butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until smooth. Add the grated organic lemon zest and continue to whisk. Next, add the flour, sea salt, and graham cracker crumbs in intervals while stirring until the batter turns thick.
- Using your hands, ball up the batter and transfer it over to the baking pan. Use your fingers to press the crust mixture into the bottom of the pan and spread evenly until the entire surface is covered.
- Place into oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat and let cool.
- While the crust is baking, begin making the Raspberry Bliss Sauce. Using a small saucepan, heat up the sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice for about a minute.
- Next, add a cup of organic fresh raspberries. Cook over medium heat and stir with a wooden spoon or whisk until the raspberries break down and the sauce turns thick. Remove from heat.
- Use a mesh strainer to drain the Raspberry Bliss Sauce over a small bowl. Try to discard the seeds as best as you can. Set the strained sauce aside and let cool.
- The final step is to make the CBD Custard Filling. Whisk together the eggs, CBD oil, sugar, organic lemon zest, and flour in a large mixing bowl. Gradually add the fresh-squeezed organic lemon juice until the mix is well-blended. Continue to stir and then pour the CBD custard over the baked crust.
- Using a spoon, add 1-2 spoonfuls of the Raspberry Bliss Sauce and spread evenly around the entire surface. Quickly drag the end of a sharp knife across the surface to create raspberry spirals in the custard.
- Place into oven and bake for 40 minutes or until the center of the bars are set. Remove the pan from heat and let cool.
- Cut the CBD Bliss Bars into squares and dust with powdered sugar. Using a small knife, cut the remaining raspberries in half, removing part of the center to resemble a heart-shaped garnish.
- Serve and enjoy!
Yield: 18-20 bars
Total Time: 1 hour, 45 minutes