Chron Vivant’s Nut Recipe (Original recipe by The Union Square Cafe Cookbook)
The perfect balance of salty, sweet, savory and spicy, these CBD-infused mixed bar nuts are anything but ordinary and will keep everyone coming back for more. Created by the world-famous Union Square Cafe, this tried-and-true recipe gets an elevated twist with the addition of gourmet CBD-infused olive oil and savory herbs. Regardless of whether you gift them or make them for yourself, this addictive snack is ideal for serving before dinner or at any party all year round.
— John Korkidis of Chron Vivant
- 1/4 pound assorted nuts (peanuts, cashews, brazil nuts, hazelnuts, and/or whole unpeeled almonds – or 1/4 pound unsalted, assorted nuts)
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (or other similar local herb), coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Pot d’Huile CBD olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- Toss the nuts in a large bowl to combine and spread them out on a cookie sheet. Toast in the oven until they become light golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- In the large bowl, combine the rosemary, cayenne, brown sugar, salt, and melted butter.
- Thoroughly toss the warm toasted nut with the spiced butter and serve warm.
Original recipe courtesy of The Union Square Café Cookbook by Danny Meyer and Michael Romano, 1994.